It's easy to enjoy the taste of the holidays with a sensible, delicous dessert! These pumpkin walnut cookies feature an orange or vanilla glaze and lower calories using a sugar substitute.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or 1/4 cup granular sugar blend for baking (such as SPLENDA)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar or 1/4 cup brown sugar blend for baking (such as SPLENDA)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Glaze (optional, recipe follows)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl; stir well.
BEAT butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Scrape down sides of bowl; beat in pumpkin and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined. Stir in nuts.
DROP dough by heaping measuring teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 ½ inches apart. With moistened fingertips, flatten dough slightly (they don’t spread much as they bake).
BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; transfer to cooling racks to cool completely. Drizzle with glaze if desired.
FOR GLAZE: COMBINE 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice or milk and 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel or vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well.