Quaker Double Chocolate Cookies feature a truly delicious combination of flavors that will be a hit with friends and family.
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100% power) for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Blend in melted chocolate, egg and vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and remaining morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE for 12 to 14 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Review This Recipe
Not Too Bad
These are pretty good. I found that if I took them out a minute or two early, they were soft and chewy. All around not too bad.
Read More Reviews