Quaker Oatmeal Scotchies will soon become a favorite and are a delightful twist on the traditional recipe.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 2/3 cups (11 oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
BEAT butter and sugars in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add oats and morsels; mix well.
DROP dough by level tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
BAKE 7 to 8 minutes for a chewy cookie or 9 to 10 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Review This Recipe
Tastey yet Crumbly
The recipe is easey to put together. The cookies taste great. But they didn't stay together after baking. I tried the chewy time and the crunchy time -- both were crumbly. My son loved the dough. I bet it would be yummy mixed with vanilla ice cream. I think you could also add some raisins.
Read More Reviews