Quaker Oatmeal Scotchies will soon become a favorite and are a delightful twist on the traditional recipe.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 2/3 cups (11 oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
BEAT butter and sugars in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add oats and morsels; mix well.
DROP dough by level tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
BAKE 7 to 8 minutes for a chewy cookie or 9 to 10 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Review This Recipe
Quaker Oatmeal Scotchies
I made these cookies for work yesterday and everyone recognized them as their favorite cookies of all time! I added cinnamon and (somehow) misread the sugar measurements, so increased each to 1 cup. They disappeared QUICKLY. I will be adding these to my usual rotation.
Read More Reviews