Enchiladas in a cream sauce are popular in Queretaro, Mexico. This version is filled with beans and chicken and topped with a spicy cream sauce and queso fresco.
- 9 dried ancho chiles, seeds and veins removed
- 1 cup sliced onion, divided
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 16 corn tortillas, warm
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup cooked pinto beans
- 2/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE chiles, 1 cup reserved chile water, ½ cup onion, evaporated milk, media crema, garlic and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
DIP tortillas in sauce one by one. Place them on a separate plate and fill with 2 tablespoons shredded chicken and 1 tablespoon beans. Fold in half; place in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken and beans. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese.
BAKE for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
TOP each serving with lettuce and remaining ½ cup onion.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/16 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (19% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 30mg (11% of DV)
- Sodium: 300mg (13% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 11g
- Vitamin A: 45% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.