This savory Quiche with Tomato, Basil and Garlic is enhanced with sour cream and olives to create a tasty dish that is great for lunch, brunch or dinner.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed, or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups fresh or canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
WHISK sour cream, evaporated milk, 1/4 cup cheese, eggs, salt and pepper in medium bowl; pour into pie shell. Combine remaining cheese, breadcrumbs, basil and garlic in small bowl; sprinkle over sour cream mixture. Top with tomatoes and olives.
BAKE for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Review This Recipe
So light and fluffy!
I used egg substitute light sour cream, and extra cheese (reduced fat) in mine, and everyone gave rave reviews over how light and fluffy this quiche came out. They loved the texture and could not believe I changed to healthier ingredients and had such dynamic results. Instead of making all the quiches the same (you only use part of a can of milk), I changed the seasonings and toppings to toss it up a bit. Italian seasonings with pepperchinis, pepperoni, and artichokes. Greek with a Greek seasoning, olives, spinach, and a sprinkle of feta just as it was about to crust. And the basic onion, ham, mushroom, bacon, etc. This recipe has so many options. I can't wait to make more! Made a half dozen of these this week alone!!! Thanks!
Read More Reviews