Quick Salsa Chicken and Rice featuring flavorful rice and chicken with salsa is a speedy version of a classic Mexican recipe. Packed with delicious flavors, it is ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups instant white or brown rice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- Chopped green onions (green parts only)
HEAT oil in stockpot. Add chicken and garlic powder; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
ADD rice, salsa, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with green onions.
Review This Recipe
Mouth full of flavor
I was very skeptical of this recipe at first. It didn't look appealing, but I needed a quick one pot meal whipped up. This recipe is an A+. It smells wonderful as you are cooking it. I added shredded cheddar in the pot near the end. Also added it on top while served with a spoonful of sour cream. Wait until you take a bite. Your mouth will be flooded with flavor. It's a keeper.
Read More Reviews