Quick Salsa Chicken and Rice featuring flavorful rice and chicken with salsa is a speedy version of a classic Mexican recipe. Packed with delicious flavors, it is ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups instant white or brown rice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- Chopped green onions (green parts only)
HEAT oil in stockpot. Add chicken and garlic powder; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
ADD rice, salsa, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with green onions.
Review This Recipe
Perfect Quick Dish
My husband is not a fan of Mexican cooking. He raved about this dish! Plus, I have a three year old who couldn't get enough. Superb!
Read More Reviews