Quick Salsa Chicken and Rice featuring flavorful rice and chicken with salsa is a speedy version of a classic Mexican recipe. Packed with delicious flavors, it is ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups instant white or brown rice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- Chopped green onions (green parts only)
HEAT oil in stockpot. Add chicken and garlic powder; cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
ADD rice, salsa, water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with green onions.
Review This Recipe
Quick, Easy & Delicious
I tried this recipe to bring something new to our dinner table using simple things I already had in the pantry, I added some sour cream to the pot though. It came out better than I had expected, my husband and kids absolutely loved it! I topped the rice with some Kraft Mexican cheeses, which made it even better.
Read More Reviews