Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are a delicious entrée perfect for any night of the week. These delicately stuffed peppers feature a combination of nutritious ingredients, such as quinoa and lean Italian turkey sausage. This may be used as a main dish or a side dish.
- 5 medium, mixed bell peppers (red, green, yellow and/or orange), tops cut off and seeds/ribs removed from centers
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup ivory or red quinoa
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 12 ounces (3 links) spicy lean Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice, undrained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 5 tablespoons BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
PLACE peppers in 9-inch-square or round microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 5 minutes or just until tender. Set aside.
COMBINE water, quinoa and bouillon in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
COOK sausage, onion and garlic in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to crumble sausage, for 8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender. Stir in cooked quinoa, tomatoes and juice and spinach. Spoon mixture evenly into peppers (about 1 cup per pepper). Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheese over filling in each pepper.
BAKE for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are heated through.
Review This Recipe
Good, colorful and balanced.
as far as this having too mucy sodium, it isn't hard to use salt substitutes and have less. Go online and look for natural sodium flavoring....it tells it all. nice peppers. good meal....make it.
Read More Reviews