Rainbow Fruit Delight is a fun, airy, light and refreshing gelatin dessert. The rainbow layers of fruit flavors will certainly make this recipe one that is requested over and over again.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) orange-flavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, chilled, divided
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (about 8), thawed, drained
COAT 9 x 5-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
FOR MANDARIN ORANGE LAYER:
DISSOLVE orange gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water in small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Place dissolved gelatin, mandarin oranges and 1 cup evaporated milk in blender; cover. Puree for 10 seconds or until well blended. Pour into loaf pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
FOR PINEAPPLE LEMON LAYER:
FOLLOW process for Mandarin Orange Layer substituting lemon gelatin and crushed pineapple. Pour mixture over Mandarin Orange Layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
FOR STRAWBERRY LAYER:
FOLLOW process for Mandarin Orange Layer substituting strawberry gelatin and strawberries. Pour mixture over Pineapple Lemon Layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
TO UNMOLD: Run point of knife around top of pan. Dip pan into a large pan of warm water for 15 to 20 seconds. Lift from water. Place serving platter on top of pan. Invert mold and platter together, shake slightly to loosen. Gently remove mold. Cut into slices and serve.
Review This Recipe
Rainbow Fruit Delight
This dish truly is a delight for the friends to whom I serve it - the taste is as beautiful as the appearance, so say they all!
Read More Reviews