A sweet sensation you won't want to miss, these tasty Raisinets Biscotti are perfect for holiday entertaining.
- Nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) NESTLÉ RAISINETS Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in Raisinets.
TURN dough onto floured cutting board; knead dough a few times. Shape dough into a tight ball, then roll into a 12-inch log (pack tightly so that Raisinets don’t escape). Place log on prepared baking sheet; flatten to ¾-inch thickness.
BAKE for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven; cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. With serrated knife, cut log diagonally into 20 ½-inch slices. Return to baking sheet, cut-side-down. Reduce oven temperature to 325º F. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Transfer biscotti to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Cook’s Tip: To boost nutrition, ¾ cup all-purpose flour and ½ cup whole-wheat flour may be used in place of the 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour called for in this recipe.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/20 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 90
- Calories from Fat: 25
- Total Fat: 3g (4% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 15mg (5% of DV)
- Sodium: 50mg (2% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 15g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.