These Raisinets Oatmeal Bars are a great treat to bring hiking or camping for an instant energy boost.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 cups (14 ounces) NESTLÉ RAISINETS Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- 1 3/4 cups quick or old-fashioned oats, divided
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Raisinets and 1 ½ cups oats. Spread into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining oats.
BAKE for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Review This Recipe
Oatmeal Raisinet Bars
I brought a batch of these to a potluck last night and they literally flew off the plate! I had lots of requests for the recipe. I tweaked it slightly by using 2 eggs, adding 3/4 cups of chopped nuts and then sprinkling 1/4 cup of chopped nuts on top instead of the oats.
Read More Reviews