Enjoy a patriotic treat with this recipe for Red, White and Blueberry Torte. Bursting with chocolate morsels, the cake-like bottom is layered with a fluffy cream cheese and whipped topping mixture, and decorated with colorful, fresh fruit. It's sure to create fireworks at any party!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 of an 8-oz. container frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Line 9-inch-round cake pan with wax paper; grease paper.
COMBINE 3/4 cup sugar, butter and water in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Add 3/4 cup morsels; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir until well blended. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup morsels. Pour into prepared cake pan.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert torte onto wire rack; remove wax paper. Turn right side up; cool completely.
BEAT cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until creamy. Stir in whipped topping. Spread over torte; top with berries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Review This Recipe
Excellent torte! Very moist and chewy - and easy to make. Was a BIG HIT!!!
Read More Reviews