Refreshing Vegetarian Spring Rolls
You'll love the amazing taste sensations in these Refreshing Vegetarian Spring Rolls. Quick and easy to prepare, these are an excellent choice as an appetizer, snack or light main dish. Serve with Soy and Chili Dipping Sauce. Recipe compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 8 oz. flavored, baked tofu, shredded
- 1 cup sunflower greens or bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short thin strips
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 12 (8-inch) round dried rice paper wrappers
- Soy and Chili Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
SOAK one sheet of rice paper wrapper in warm water for about 1 minute or until soft. Transfer wrapper to a dry cutting board.
ARRANGE 2 tablespoons filling in an even horizontal mound just below the center of the wrapper. Tightly roll up the rice paper to form a tight cylinder, folding in the sides about halfway, as you would to form an egg roll or a blintz. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and filling. Cut each spring roll in half on the diagonal. Serve with Soy and Chili Dipping Sauce.
FOR SOY AND CHILI DIPPING SAUCE:
COMBINE 1/4 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion, 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in small bowl.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Flavor is divine! Such a nice treat on a hot summer day. Don't recommend the dipping sauce outlined in the recipe. WAY TOO salty.
Easy Chinese Spring Rolls
My young daughter made this recipe for a school assignment, she made a couple of small changes with the ingredients, but kept to the same measurements. They were fun to make however she wasn't keen on the taste, but I love them, and I have made them twice since.
Serving Size: 1/24 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 90
- Calories from Fat: 25
- Total Fat: 3g (5% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 390mg (16% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 12g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (3% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.