Rice & Beans in Tomato Sauce
Flavorful and Delicious! This Rice & Beans in Tomato Sauce recipe is a colorful addition to any meal.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Crumbled Cotija cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COOK for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and water has evaporated; stir in beans. Serve topped with cheese and chopped cilantro.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I tried this but I've used red kidney beans instead of pinto beans and excluded the MAGGI Seasoning and used herbs and different spices instead and it was just deliciously amazing. One of my favorites EVER!!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 270
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 5mg (1% of DV)
- Sodium: 810mg (34% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 37g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (18% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 6% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.