Rice Pilaf with Apricots and Raisins is a delightful accompaniment to any meal. Easy to make and ready in less than 45 minutes. Try this as a variation from your usual rice dishes.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
MELT margarine in large, nonstick skillet over medium heat; add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until rice is golden brown. Add water, Juicy Juice, wine, apricots, raisins, sugar and bouillon. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed. Stir in green onions before serving.