This traditional pudding is delicious and very creamy. The blend of milk, raisins, vanilla and cinnamon make this recipe one of our best comfort foods.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice, medium or short grain
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
great, super easy
my boyfriend says his moms is they only one he will eat and it takes forever and gets messed up easily with the sugar milk combo burning, this one was so much easier he didn't know the difference the first time my rice was undercooked so i left it on low for 45 mins and it turned out great i cant wait to use it again
Easy to make pudding.
I found it to be too sweet. I cut back on the sugar a bit.
My family loved it! I did not add the raisins, as suggested, since I am not fond of them, nor did I add the salt. I also used two cinnamon sticks and did not remove them. Still, it came out delicious and I have made it several times now!
Very sweet, but good. I used 2 C. of leftover rice from the Chinese restaurant and added more ground cinnamon.
This is a family favorite, however instead of removing the cinnamon sticks I leave mine in till the next day (while cooling) and it gives it an authentic flavor.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 490
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (17% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (35% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 105mg (36% of DV)
- Sodium: 260mg (11% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 81g (27% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (6% of DV)
- Sugars: 44g
- Protein: 14g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 35% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.