Cooked on top of the stove, this traditional pudding is delicious and very creamy. The blend of milk, raisins, vanilla and cinnamon make this recipe one of our best "comfort foods."
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice, medium or short grain
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
PLACE water, rice and cinnamon stick pieces in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove cinnamon stick pieces. Stir in evaporated and sweetened condensed milks, raisins, vanilla extract and salt; bring to a boil. Stir a small portion of rice mixture into eggs. Add egg mixture to rice mixture; mix well with wire whisk. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
Review This Recipe
I tried many times to make rice pudding. This is the first time that I'm going to be able to share it without excuses. It was real good!!!
Gloriamaria from Miami Thank you!!!
Read More Reviews