Rice with Black Beans and Bacon
Rice with Black Beans and Bacon is hearty favorite that is perfect as a side dish or main course too. Your choice of frozen or fresh vegetables will add color and dimension to this easy-to-prepare dish. Try this one at your next party or family gathering.
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablet, crushed
- 1 packet coriander and annatto seasoning
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 cup assorted frozen vegetables
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE water, bouillon and coriander and annatto seasoning in large saucepan. Heat over high heat, stirring frequently, until bouillon is dissolved and water comes to a boil.
STIR in rice, beans, bacon and frozen vegetables. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 30 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender. Serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from Fat: 80
- Total Fat: 8g (13% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (14% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (4% of DV)
- Sodium: 730mg (30% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 47g (16% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (17% of DV)
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 8g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 2% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.