Rice with Chicken and Taro Root
Rice with Chicken and Taro Root features a delicious combination of tender chicken breasts, diced vegetables and mushrooms with rice. Ready in one hour, this make a hearty family or casual entertaining meal.
- 12 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch or chestnut powder
- 3 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce, divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups peeled, diced taro root
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp, soaked in hot water until soft and diced
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups rice
- 4 to 5 dried shiitake or brown mushrooms, soaked in hot water until soft
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 2 teaspoons seasoning sauce, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar, dark soy sauce and cooking soy sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
HEAT 1/4 cup oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add taro root; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until thin fried skin forms. Remove from pan. Add shrimp meat; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Remove from pan.
COMBINE water, rice and remaining 3 1/2 teaspoons bouillon in rice cooker. Turn rice cooker on. Once the water has started boiling, add taro root and shrimp; cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until rice is cooked through and water has evaporated.
COVER cooked rice mixture with chicken and mushrooms; cover. Cook for 15 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Pour sauce over top.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 380
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 7g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (5% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 35mg (12% of DV)
- Sodium: 1030mg (43% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 61g (20% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (6% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 17g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 50% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.