Rich Caramel Chocolate Sauce
This simple homemade caramel and chocolate sauce is perfect for pairing with fresh fruit, ice cream or cake. Store in a jar and tie with a decorative ribbon to make the perfect hostess gift.
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup half and half, divided
- 2 packages (5.5 oz. each) about 50 pieces, soft & chewy rectangular caramels, unwrapped*
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MICROWAVE caramels and remaining 1/2 cup half and half in another medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. If necessary, microwave at additional 20- to 30- second intervals, stirring until sauce is smooth.
COMBINE chocolate and caramel sauces.
SERVE warm as a dipping sauce for fresh fruit or spoon over ice cream or cake. Store remaining sauce tightly covered in refrigerator for up to 7 days. Makes about 2 1/4 cups.
TRANSFER sauce to clean gifting jars; seal well. Refrigerate up to 7 days.
* 34 square caramels (about 11 ounces) can be substituted for the rectangular caramels.
• 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels can be substituted for the semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Sauce will be thinner.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/18 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from Fat: 50
- Total Fat: 6g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (15% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 5mg (2% of DV)
- Sodium: 75mg (3% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 29g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 24g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 0% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.