This Risotto Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is exceptional as a side dish or appetizer.
- 1 package (5.5 ounces) risotto with portobello mushrooms, cooked and kept warm
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives or green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 18 to 20 (about 1 3/4 pounds total) jumbo whole white mushrooms, stems removed
PREHEAT oven to 375º F.
COMBINE risotto, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, Romano cheese, chives, bell pepper and garlic in medium bowl. Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet. Fill mushrooms with risotto mixture, mounding slightly. Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Review This Recipe
This is not actually a review. I was confused about ingredients that lists 1 pkg risotto w/portobello mushrooms cooked & kept warm. Does this mean to cook both the risotto
and mushrooms & keep both warm or
just the risotto? It does look really good.
EDITOR NOTE: The recipe was developed using risotto mix that had mushrooms in it. If you can find a risotto mix with mushrooms, that should be prepared ahead of time. Actually any flavor of risotto should work.
This recipe is great and was so easy to make. My entire family loved it, including my 1 year old. She of course only ate the risotto mixture not the mushrooms, but she kept coming back for more. I have made this recipe for several different occassions and it's always a hit.
Very good recipe, I love the taste of it, I also added bacon pieces to the tops of the mushrooms caps, Boy it sure taste so good! Thank you so much
This recipe is just amazing, I made it for my guest and family and they were gone within 5 minutes i should have made at least 60
HI- MY WIFE LIKE LEARN about meals of in the world.
ALI NAGHI KHANCHI