Roasted Beet and Peach Salad
Packed with nutrition, roasted beets give this fresh elegant salad its deep flavor. It provides a delicious dose of whole grains as well as summer flavors like peaches and arugula. Try using golden beets for a lighter, milder taste.
- 1 1/2 cups Orange Tangerine or Apple Flavor NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 3 medium purple and/or golden beets
- 2 to 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or sherry
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- 4 cups arugula or mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Cooked farro or quinoa (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT oven to 400° F.
WIPE or scrub beets then trim ends, leaving tails on. Place beets on a sheet of foil and make a pouch, sealing tightly. Place on baking sheet.
ROAST beets for about 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and let beets steam for 10 minutes. Open pouch; let beets cool until cool enough to handle. Remove and discard skin (this can easily be done under running water with your fingers). Slice into wedges and place in large bowl.
ADD vinegar, oil, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper to juice. Seal lid and shake vigorously until emulsified. Add a little vinaigrette to the beets; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Allow remaining vinaigrette to stand at room temperature while beets are marinating. This will help the flavors meld.
ADD peaches and arugula to bowl with beets; toss gently to coat. Arrange on plates; sprinkle with cheese. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
NOTE: Beets can be refrigerated in covered container for up to 2 days. Store any remaining vinaigrette in sealed container in refrigerator.
Cook’s Tip: Stir in a little cooked farro or quinoa to boost fiber.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 180
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (14% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (4% of DV)
- Sodium: 420mg (18% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 19g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (11% of DV)
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 45% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.