Instead of mashed potatoes, try serving mashed roasted cauliflower. Chefs use this trick to boost flavor in main dishes, and you can feel good about serving it to your family. Evaporated milk, cream cheese and garlic make this mash heavenly.
- 1 large head (about 2 pounds) cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 to 2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- Chopped fresh chives (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 475° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
TRIM outer leaves off cauliflower and cut stem flush with bottom. Cut cauliflower into 8 equal-size slices; place on prepared sheet along with garlic. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; sprinkle with half of the bouillon and pepper. Gently rub bouillon into cauliflower. Flip cauliflower over and repeat process with remaining oil, bouillon and pepper. Cover with foil.
ROAST cauliflower for 10 minutes. Remove foil; continue to roast for 10 minutes or until bottoms of cauliflower are golden. Flip cauliflower over and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden and tender. Cool for a few minutes.
PLACE cauliflower and garlic in food processor along with 1/3 cup evaporated milk, Parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Process until almost smooth. Add more evaporated milk for a creamer consistency. Garnish with chives.