Roasted Rack of Lamb with Mint-Basil Pesto
Bring new life to your spring menu with this Roasted Rack of Lamb with Mint-Basil Pesto. This recipe couldn't be easier, or look more impressive. Serve with a fresh green salad or other spring vegetables.
- 2 (1 1/2 pounds each) frenched racks of lamb (about 8 ribs each)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil (7 oz.), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT oven to 400° F.
HEAT oil in large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Place lamb racks, fat-side-down, in skillet; sear until browned. Turn racks over and sear other side. Turn racks meat-side up; place skillet in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until thermometer placed in thickest portion registers 125-130° F (medium-rare). Transfer lamb racks to work surface; let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the pesto.
COMBINE pesto, mint and water in medium bowl; stir well to combine. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Taste and add 1 more tablespoon if you prefer more tang. Cut the lamb between the bones into single chops. Arrange chops on plates; drizzle with pesto.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 570
- Calories from Fat: 350
- Total Fat: 39g (59% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 13g (65% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 170mg (56% of DV)
- Sodium: 420mg (18% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 3g (1% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 52g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 25% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.