Warm up with a bowl of this flavorful Roasted Vegetable Soup! Made with a puree of roasted vegetables and sprinkled with roasted pepitas, this recipe is a sure-fire taste hit!
- 1 small (about 2 pounds) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups (1 large) peeled and very coarsely chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup (1 large) peeled and thickly sliced parsnip
- 1 cup (1 medium) thickly sliced leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- Roasted pepitas (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 425° F. Line shallow roasting pan with foil.
PLACE squash, sweet potato, parsnip, leek and garlic in pan; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with bouillon; toss to coat.
BAKE for 15 minutes; stir. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
PUREE half of roasted vegetables with about 1 1/2 cups water in food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth or until desired consistency. Add more water as needed for processing. Pour into large saucepan. Repeat with remaining vegetables and remaining water.
STIR in evaporated milk, crushed red pepper and sage. Heat over medium-high heat until heated through. Serve with pepitas sprinkled over top.
Review This Recipe
We are a family of soup lovers and I am always trying out new recipes. This one was a big hit. I chose not to puree the entire batch of soup because we prefer chunky-style soups. I also added more veggies, much better for you too. This one is a keeper.
Read More Reviews