Roasted Vegetable Soup
Warm up with a bowl of this flavorful Roasted Vegetable Soup! Made with a puree of roasted vegetables and sprinkled with roasted pepitas, this recipe is a sure-fire taste hit!
- 1 small (about 2 pounds) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups (1 large) peeled and very coarsely chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup (1 large) peeled and thickly sliced parsnip
- 1 cup (1 medium) thickly sliced leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- Roasted pepitas (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE squash, sweet potato, parsnip, leek and garlic in pan; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with bouillon; toss to coat.
BAKE for 15 minutes; stir. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
PUREE half of roasted vegetables with about 1 1/2 cups water in food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth or until desired consistency. Add more water as needed for processing. Pour into large saucepan. Repeat with remaining vegetables and remaining water.
STIR in evaporated milk, crushed red pepper and sage. Heat over medium-high heat until heated through. Serve with pepitas sprinkled over top.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Tasty & nutritious
Delicious soup, easy to cook & appealing to all generations.
healthy recipe,,.its so good
healthy and nutritious that i can share to my friends
This recipe is a little time consuming but well worth the wait. The results were delicious and it tasted even better the next day as left-overs!
Not just for winter!
This soup is a bit of work but very much worth the trouble. My hubby who thinks he doesn't like squash even loved it! I wasn't sure about the parsnips myself but mixed in with the other flavors, it was great. I'll be making this again!
Winter Roasted Vegetable Soup
This soup is so delicious and creamy. I added 2 cups of whole kernel corn which made it more nutricious and interesting texture.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 7g (11% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (5% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 640mg (26% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 54g (18% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 8g (30% of DV)
- Sugars: 21g
- Protein: 10g
- Vitamin A: 560% of DV
- Vitamin C: 90% of DV
- Calcium: 35% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.