Roasted Vegetables with Creamy White Wine Sauce
This colorful assortment of fresh roasted vegetables topped with a delicious rich and creamy Swiss cheese white wine sauce steals the show as an appetizing side dish.
- 8 cups (about 2 lb. total) zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE zucchini, bell peppers and onion in single layer on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon thyme; toss lightly to coat.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Transfer to 2-quart serving dish.
MEANWHILE, HEAT evaporated milk, wine, cornstarch, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon thyme, salt and onion powder in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing each addition to be melted before adding more cheese. Remove from heat.
POUR cheese sauce over vegetables; toss lightly to coat. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
• Large diameter zucchini or yellow summer squash may be cut in half or quarters
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
its delicious and easy serving.
Easy and good
I love summer squash and I am always looking for a new recipeto cook it. This one is really good! You may add additional veggie,I added carrots. I have made it with swiss chees and with mozzarella, both good!
We really liked this side dish. Will definitely make again
I thought this dish was very good. I used orange peppers instead of the red, although I'm sure the red peppers would have been good as well, the next time I make this I will add mushrooms. I sprinkled a little garlic salt on it too.
Serving Size: 1/18 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 70
- Calories from Fat: 35
- Total Fat: 4g (6% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (9% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (3% of DV)
- Sodium: 30mg (1% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 5g (2% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 50% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.