Rocky Road Ice Cream Cake
Rocky Road Ice Cream Cake is a great alternative to store bought ice cream cakes. Using your favorite chocolate cake recipe, Rocky Road ice cream and marshmallows, this ice cream cake is perfect for any chocolate-lovers birthday celebration.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 carton (1.5 quarts) DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND Rocky Road Ice Cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BAKE for 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Run knife around inside perimeter of pan; loosen and remove side of pan. Carefully cut cake in half horizontally with serrated knife. Remove top half of cake. Place side of pan back on, leaving bottom half of cake inside; secure shut.
SPREAD softened ice cream over cake in pan; smooth down top. Top with cake top; press down lightly. Cover and freeze overnight.
PLACE morsels in a medium, heatproof bowl. Place cream in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat and bring to a gentle boil. Pour cream over morsels; let stand for about 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth; stir in butter one piece at a time until completely melted and smooth.
TO ASSEMBLE: Run knife around inside perimeter of pan; loosen and remove side. Place cake/base on serving plate. Pour chocolate sauce over cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Top with marshmallows; sprinkle with almonds. Slice into wedges. Serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 570
- Calories from Fat: 300
- Total Fat: 33g (50% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 13g (64% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 90mg (30% of DV)
- Sodium: 420mg (18% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 65g (22% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (14% of DV)
- Sugars: 43g
- Protein: 9g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.