Salsa Chicken Over Rice is a delicious and easy dish featuring strips of chicken breast sauteed with vegetables and sprinkled with cheese. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept warm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
STIR in salsa; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
SERVE over rice. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
Review This Recipe
My husband and I absolutley love this recipe!!! I found the exact recipe in a magazine last week and we tried it and liked it so much we're having it twice this week!! It's easy and inexpensive to make...can't beat it!!!
Read More Reviews