Salsa Chicken Over Rice
Salsa Chicken Over Rice is a delicious and easy dish featuring strips of chicken breast sauteed with vegetables and sprinkled with cheese. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
- 2 cups cooked white rice, kept warm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in salsa; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
SERVE over rice. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I needed new chicken recipes and this one is definitely a keeper. Quick, easy and very tasty.
Salsa Chicken is GREAT
This is wonderful. My husband, who is not a chicken fan had 2 helpings. It was very easy to make.
We love it
This dish has great flavor. I will make it again for sure.
This recipe is wonderful! It was very quick and easy, and topping it with Cilantro and Sour Cream really adds to the flavor. We also ate ours with Tostitos for a nice crunch. I didn't think my husband would like it, and in fact, I made a bet with his mom that he wouldn't. But to my surprise, he cleaned his plate and said that he really enjoyed it. I love this website and keep the recipes coming!
salsa chicken over rice
This is undoubtly the best chicken receipe that I have ever tasted that is made with salsa. My whole family just loves it. It is easy to make and not time consuming at all. Thank you so much. I also love meals.com I have got a lot of recipes off of this site. Thanks again!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 354
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10g (15% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (18% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 78mg (26% of DV)
- Sodium: 644mg (27% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 33g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (5% of DV)
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 32g
- Vitamin A: 18% of DV
- Vitamin C: 63% of DV
- Calcium: 11% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.