Salted Caramel Apple Salad
This recipe won over our judges in one of our side dish recipe contests! This salad features a full serving of apples, a fair amount of sweetness and caramel and a hint of nuts. It's a favorite fall flavor of caramel apples in a dish!
- 8 medium apples, cored and chopped (see recommendations below)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (such as fleur de sel)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
Using an electric mixer, blend together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and light; add dulce de leche and vanilla, blending well. Spoon into mixing bowl with apples, stirring gently until well blended. Place into a 13 x 9-inch (or similar sized) dish. Sprinkle with pecans and very lightly with salt just prior to serving.
Recommended apples for this dish are: Fuji, Gala, Honeycrisp, Jonagold.
For best results, be sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before combining with the remaining ingredients.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/10 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.