The signature dish of the Spanish city of Valencia, paella brings together the most tender rice, the richest of stock and the freshest of seafood and chicken. Kissed by a few threads of saffron this Savory Paella will bring Valencia to your table.
- 1 package (40-oz.) Savory Chicken & Rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 pound fully cooked, cleaned medium-sized shrimp
- 1 can (14.5-oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
HEAT olive oil in deep 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until aromatic. Add Savory Chicken & Rice, saffron and red pepper; prepare according to package instructions. Add shrimp and tomatoes; cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until hot.
Review This Recipe
Rec'd an A in Spanish Class
My son and I prepared this recipe for a "culture project" for his Spanish language class. Everyone loved it, and he received an A for the project! My husband has requested that this we make this recipe again.
Read More Reviews