With additional enhancements of balsamic vinegar, cheese and pears, this Savory Pear and Gorgonzola Focaccia is a real treat and a perfect addition to any occasion.
- 1 medium ripe pear, halved, cored & sliced into six slices per half
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1 package (12.7 oz.) Italian herbs and cheese focaccia bread mix
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup (0.75 oz.) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
PREHEAT oven to 425° F. Grease 12-inch-round pizza pan.
PLACE pear slices with 1 teaspoon vinegar in small bowl; stir to coat both sides.
PREPARE focaccia dough according to step 1 of instructions, stirring in contents of topping packets with flour and yeast. Spread out onto prepared pizza pan using well-oiled hands.
PLACE pear slices on top of focaccia dough, arranging in a circular pattern, sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese. Let rise in warm place for 20 minutes.
BAKE for 12 minutes; remove from oven. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to oven for an additional 2 minutes.
COMBINE remaining vinegar, oil and sugar in small bowl; gently brush onto top of focaccia while hot. Sprinkle with sage. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into wedges and serve.
Review This Recipe
We used a different bread for the first time but it was still AWESOME
I shared this recipe with my girlfriend, and she loved it!! My romantic dinner was perfect thanks to this magical recipe. Thanks Maggi!