Low in calories, but hearty in savory pumpkin flavor, this deliciously creamy soup is the perfect starter to any holiday meal or as a winter favorite for any day of the week.
- 2 tablespoons light butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar blend (such as SPLENDA)
- 2 cups water
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Original Fat Free Liquid Coffee Creamer
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and sugar blend; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is soft. Add water, bouillon and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in pumpkin and Coffee-mate. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
TRANSFER mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan and heat to serving temperature.
Review This Recipe
Couldn't Believe It!
This was incredible! We've been looking for recipes that use pumpkin and came across this one. I thought, sounds horrible, but what the heck... how bad could it be? Needless to say it was creamy and hearty and better than I could have imagined! You have got to try it!
Read More Reviews