Savory Pumpkin Soup
Low in calories, but hearty in savory pumpkin flavor, this deliciously creamy soup is the perfect starter to any holiday meal or as a winter favorite for any day of the week.
- 2 tablespoons light butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar blend (such as SPLENDA)
- 2 cups water
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Original Fat Free Liquid Coffee Creamer
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
TRANSFER mixture to food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); process until smooth. Return to saucepan and heat to serving temperature.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Couldn't Believe It!
This was incredible! We've been looking for recipes that use pumpkin and came across this one. I thought, sounds horrible, but what the heck... how bad could it be? Needless to say it was creamy and hearty and better than I could have imagined! You have got to try it!
the best soup
i think that this a warm and satifing soup .
This soup is very good & simple to make. I made an adjustment by using Carnation Low Fat Evaporated milk instead of the coffee creamer because of all of its additives and sugar. The brown sugar sweetened it adequately for me. I also added some Gram Masala and curray for a slightly spiced taste. I'll make it often
Sounds good, especially since its very cold outside.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from Fat: 30
- Total Fat: 3.5g (5% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (10% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (3% of DV)
- Sodium: 370mg (15% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 18g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (20% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 320% of DV
- Vitamin C: 4% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.