The quick and easy ceviche uses scallops and sweet mango. The flavor is further enhanced with the addition of jicama, tomatoes, cilantro and serrano chile. This appetizer is ready in 2 hours but will hold for 10 hours making it perfect for the next time you entertain.
- 1 pound sea scallops, sliced into quarters
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 mango, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2/3 cup chopped jicama
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 serrano chile, seeds and veins removed, chopped
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Baked tortilla chips (optional)
COMBINE scallops, lime juice, mango, jicama, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, serrano chile, bouillon and red pepper flakes in a large glass (or non-reactive) mixing bowl. Using a large spoon, fold ingredients to combine thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap.
REFRIGERATE for 2 to 10 hours. The ceviche will be “cooked” by 2 hours but will hold for 10 hours.
SERVE with tortilla chips, if desired.
Cook’s Tip: Serve ceviche with a small dollop of Avocado Crema! Combine flesh from half of a large avocado, ½ cup low fat sour cream, 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro and 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Season with salt.