We took traditional scalloped potatoes and made them extra tasty in this potato recipe with a velvety cheese sauce made from Carnation Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, plus lowfat cheese and turkey bacon. These potatoes are so rich and creamy you will never miss the fat!
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped, divided
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds (about 6 medium) potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded 2% cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced
PLACE potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until just fork tender; drain.
MEANWHILE, HEAT butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, water and 1/3 cup bacon. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and green onion.
LAYER half of potatoes in ungreased 3-quart microwave-safe dish. Pour half of sauce over potatoes. Top with remaining potatoes and sauce. Top with remaining cheese and bacon. Microwave uncovered on HIGH (100%) power for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Review This Recipe
great new idea
Will make this tomorrow when I prepare a ham. Great new idea for potatoes.
Read More Reviews