Seared Coffee-Encrusted Sirloin features a unique spice rub that includes coffee granules, paprika, pepper and garlic and a subtle and delicious balsamic vinegar-soy sauce reduction for an elegant finishing touch.
- 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound (about 3/4-inch-thick) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ PURE LIFE Purified Water
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
COMBINE coffee granules, paprika, pepper and garlic powder in small bowl; stir until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of beef; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
COMBINE water, soy sauce and vinegar in small bowl; set aside.
HEAT large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil; tilt skillet to coat bottom evenly. Add beef, dry side down. Cook for 4 minutes; turn over. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for an additional 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Place beef on cutting board; let stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing diagonally. Save skillet and drippings.
PLACE skillet with drippings over medium-high heat; add soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; boil, scraping bottom and sides occasionally, for 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup.
PLACE sliced beef on serving plate; top with sauce.