This Seared Steak Salad with Balsamic-Shallot Reduction will tantalize your taste buds. The secret to this mouth-watering recipe is in the seasoning - it's made with coffee!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds (3/4-inch-thick) flank steak
- 7 1/2 cups baby arugula or spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups pear or cherry tomato halves
- Sliced red onion (optional)
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese or Gorgonzola cheese (optional)
COMBINE vinegar, shallots and sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until reduced by half (you should have about 1/4 cup dressing remaining). Set aside.
PLACE coffee granules, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper in small bowl; crush and combine ingredients with back of spoon. Pat steak dry, then sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of steak; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
HEAT large, nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot (or preheat outdoor grill over medium-high heat). Add steak; cook for 4 minutes (cover if you are using outdoor grill). Turn over; reduce heat to medium. Cook for an additional 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board; let steak rest for 5 minutes.
CUT steak against the grain (slices should be about 1/4-inch thick). Divide arugula among five plates; top evenly with steak, tomatoes and onion. Drizzle with balsamic-shallot reduction; sprinkle with cheese.
Review This Recipe
I WILL GO AND MAKE IT, BUT IT LOOKS DE-VINE
Read More Reviews