Seared Steak Salad with Balsamic-Shallot Reduction
This Seared Steak Salad with Balsamic-Shallot Reduction will tantalize your taste buds. The secret to this mouth-watering recipe is in the seasoning - it's made with coffee!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds (3/4-inch-thick) flank steak
- 7 1/2 cups baby arugula or spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups pear or cherry tomato halves
- Sliced red onion (optional)
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese or Gorgonzola cheese (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE coffee granules, seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper in small bowl; crush and combine ingredients with back of spoon. Pat steak dry, then sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of steak; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
HEAT large, nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot (or preheat outdoor grill over medium-high heat). Add steak; cook for 4 minutes (cover if you are using outdoor grill). Turn over; reduce heat to medium. Cook for an additional 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to cutting board; let steak rest for 5 minutes.
CUT steak against the grain (slices should be about 1/4-inch thick). Divide arugula among five plates; top evenly with steak, tomatoes and onion. Drizzle with balsamic-shallot reduction; sprinkle with cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I WILL GO AND MAKE IT, BUT IT LOOKS DE-VINE
Serving Size: 1/5 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 220
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 7g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (12% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 35mg (12% of DV)
- Sodium: 430mg (18% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 13g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 10g
- Protein: 26g
- Vitamin A: 30% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.