Seasonal Fruit with Sweetened Lime Topping
For a simply elegant dessert, look no further than your own kitchen. Seasonal fruit, evaporated milk and lime juice create a dish that’s fresh and easy.
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 8 cups sliced seasonal fruit or berries, such as mangos and strawberries
- Spiced chopped nuts (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT evaporated milk on high speed for 1 minute or until very frothy. Gradually add sugar and lime juice; continue beating for 2 minutes or until mixture is stiff. Immediately top each serving of fruit with about ½ cup whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts.
NOTE: For whipped evaporated milk that holds up to 30 minutes: Sprinkle 1 teaspoon gelatin over 2 tablespoons water in small, microwave-safe bowl; let stand for 2 minutes. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 40 seconds; stir. Let stand for additional 2 minutes or until dissolved. Pour 1 cup evaporated milk and dissolved gelatin into small mixer bowl; follow recipe above. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 150
- Calories from Fat: 20
- Total Fat: 2.5g (4% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 10mg (3% of DV)
- Sodium: 35mg (1% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 30g (10% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (13% of DV)
- Sugars: 25g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 120% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.