Utterly smooth and creamy, this chocolate mousse is a 'sensible' delight made with fat-free evaporated milk.
- 1 envelope (7 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon * SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
SPRINKLE gelatin over water in a medium saucepan; let stand for 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved; stir in SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking. Stir in evaporated milk. Continue stirring over medium heat until milk is steaming hot (do not boil).
POUR into blender container; add morsels and vanilla extract. Cover; blend on low speed until smooth. Pour into small mixer bowl. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds from a spoon.
BEAT on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and light in color. Spoon into serving dishes; refrigerate until ready to serve.
* NOTE: May substitute SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
Review This Recipe
I'm not a big fan of gelatin, so when I started to make this dessert (never say never, right?) I had my doubts, but this mousse turned out just great! The kids loved it, the in-laws loved it, and I earned mega-Brownie Points with everyone!
Read More Reviews