Sesame Noodles are a simple side dish to an authentic Asian meal.
- 1 lb. dry vermicelli noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 green onions (green parts only), cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
BREAK noodles into 4- to 5-inch pieces. Prepare according to package directions; drain. Cover and keep warm.
COOK sesame seeds in large, nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted; remove from skillet.
HEAT vegetable oil in same skillet. Add carrots, garlic and ginger; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in green onions, seasoning sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and noodles. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
This dish is a very good side dish. We had it with a marinaded pork tenderloin. Excellent flavors. Would definitely have it again.
Read More Reviews