This shredded vegetable soup is creamy and full of nutritious vegetables. "Chayote" (mirliton squash) lends the comforting texture to this delicious soup. A typical ingredient of the Aztec and Mayan cuisine, this vegetable is high in potassium and low in carbohydrates. Try this one with spaghetti squash and other varieties of vegetables, too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 zucchini, finely shredded
- 1 chayote, peeled and finely shredded
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
this was some of the best soup ever
This is a super recipe. Our weather just turned very cold and this has warmed us all today.
The soup is so perfect for fall, the colors are great in this soup. It tastes good also, who could ask for anything more.
This was a very delicious soup. Easy to prepare and the color was so festive...My family really enjoyed - it was really a treat for our family Sunday dinner.
This was a interesting way to use chayota. I had chayotas as a child and really enjoyed them this made it even better. super
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 130
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3g (16% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 20mg (6% of DV)
- Sodium: 680mg (28% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 13g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 90% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.