This shredded vegetable soup is creamy and full of nutritious vegetables. "Chayote" (mirliton squash) lends the comforting texture to this delicious soup. A typical ingredient of the Aztec and Mayan cuisine, this vegetable is high in potassium and low in carbohydrates. Try this one with spaghetti squash and other varieties of vegetables, too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely shredded
- 2 zucchini, finely shredded
- 1 chayote, peeled and finely shredded
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in water, carrots, zucchini, chayote, evaporated milk and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Review This Recipe
This was a interesting way to use chayota. I had chayotas as a child and really enjoyed them this made it even better. super
Read More Reviews