Shrimp and Corn Chowder
Nothing better than corn chowder with shrimp and the special touch of evaporated milk. Creamier and delicious!
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (15 to 17 oz.) cream-style corn
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) frozen peeled, cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Simple and exciting
This looks like a simple and exciting menu. I think this will be served this Friday when my friends come over. I am thinking of adding a few drops of hot sauce to add to the taste of the shrimp. I have never been disappointed by any recipe from VeryBestBaking.
Watching football with friends on a cold January day. This was a hit. Was out of fat free evaporated milk so I used 2%. This is a keeper recipe.
This gets an Excellent rating from my hubby who loves this poured over a bed of fettuccine.
Shrimp Corn Chowder
This chowder was excellent. I severed this in bread bowls with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
NO whole kernel corn .
3 Cans of cream style corn .with a nice HOT pot of white rice. Fast and Easy to do ENJOY .
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 20
- Total Fat: 2g (3% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 110mg (37% of DV)
- Sodium: 1040mg (43% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 59g (20% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 5g (19% of DV)
- Sugars: 21g
- Protein: 24g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Vitamin C: 80% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.