Shrimp and Grits
Bacon, crushed red pepper and sautéed garlic gives this Shrimp and Grits recipe robust flavors. Garnish with finely chopped parsley before serving. Your family will love this tasty dish.
- 4 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups quick grits
- 4 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COOK bacon in medium skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain. Return bacon to skillet; add shrimp, garlic and crushed red papper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add wine; scrape any brown bits that are stuck to the bottom of skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes or until wine has reduced by half. Stir in remaining evaporated milk. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
DIVIDE grits among four bowls. Top with shrimp mixture; sprinkle with parsley.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Made this for dinner tonight & fam loved it! The only reason 4 stars instead of 5 is because I had to let shrimp mixture sit for about 10-15 minutes before it thickened. But other than that it was great!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.