Shrimp And Vegetables In Lettuce Cups
This colorful and delicious Shrimp and Vegetables In Lettuce Cups recipe is compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine. It's a fun way to serve that guests will enjoy. No need for utensils!
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or white cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leeks (white part only)
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
CUT out lettuce cores and separate leaves. Cut leaves into twenty-four 4-inch squares to make “cups.” Arrange cups on large serving plate.
COAT large nonstick skillet with canola oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add red onion and leeks; stir-fry for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add carrot; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add bell pepper, soy sauce and vinegar; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Mix in shrimp and marinade. Stir-fry for about 1 minute or until shrimp are heated through. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove from heat.
STIR in nuts, green onions and sesame oil. To serve, spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons shrimp mixture into one lettuce leaf cup, wrap, and eat by hand. Repeat with remaining shrimp mixture.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/24 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 70
- Calories from Fat: 35
- Total Fat: 4g (6% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 35mg (12% of DV)
- Sodium: 270mg (11% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 3g (1% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 2% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.