Shrimp bisque is great for a weekend get-together or to surprise a loved one.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, divided
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
MELT 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shrimp, onion and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink. Remove from saucepan; set aside.
MELT remaining butter in same saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in water, ketchup, bouillon, bay leaf, seasoned salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in evaporated milk and wine. Heat through; do not boil.
Review This Recipe
This Bisque was excellent. My whole family loved it!! I did add a little garlic with the onions and shrimp and even added a little crab meat. I made this recipe with a salad and breadsticks. Not one complaint from the dinner table! This recipe will go in the "favorites" section of my recipe box.
Read More Reviews