Shrimp bisque is great for a weekend get-together or to surprise a loved one.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, divided
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MELT remaining butter in same saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in water, ketchup, bouillon, bay leaf, seasoned salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Stir in evaporated milk and wine. Heat through; do not boil.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I forgot how much I like this recipe. I've been making it for years. I needed something quick for dinner tonight and remembered this recipe.
Million Dollar Taste!
This is an incrediably easy recipe with million dollar taste! I added bay scallops, a dash of chopped celery, even left over fish fillets to make it into a seafood bisque and the result is delicious!
This recipe is one of the best shrimp bisque recipes I've encountered. It's very easy to make and keeps well for leftovers. I truly recommend trying this recipe.
EASY. DELICIOUS. CREAMY. EVERYTHING GREAT!
This is a great recipe. It was very easy to make and quite tasty. I added a can of lump crab meat and since I didn't have evaporated milk I used half & half. Delicious!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 340
- Calories from Fat: 180
- Total Fat: 20g (31% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 13g (63% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 175mg (58% of DV)
- Sodium: 1260mg (52% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 17g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: .5g (3% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 21g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 6% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.