Nothing better than corn chowder with shrimp and the special touch of evaporated milk. Creamier and delicious!
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (15 to 17 oz.) cream-style corn
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) frozen peeled, cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
BRING 1/4 cup water to a boil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add remaining water, corn, evaporated milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with basil.
Review This Recipe
Easy, quick soup
This was a pretty good recipe, although a little too salty. I used dried sweet pepper flakes instead of the red bell pepper, and added a can of sliced mushrooms. Be sure to keep it on LOW and stir often.
Read More Reviews