Treat your family to a seafood feast with tasty shrimp mixed with creamy fettuccine pasta. This rich and creamy pasta dish is so easy to prepare.
- 8 ozs. dry fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (1.5 oz.) plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 lb. cooked medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Fresh whole or finely sliced basil leaves for garnish, (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MEANWHILE, HEAT oil and garlic in medium saucepan over medium heat until garlic is fragrant. Stir in flour and black pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 8 minutes or until mixture comes to a gentle boil and thickens slightly. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese until melted. Add shrimp and bell pepper; heat for an additional minute or until shrimp are warm.
TOSS with pasta. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese and basil. Serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Fresh and enticing
I feel hungry even when i just took a meal
Newly weds cooking together.
My son and his wife have been together for about a year and a half have started cooking together. One of the very tasty dish they made together is the shrimp fettuccine which they added a few vegetables to and shared with the rest of the family last Friday. I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty it came out. I have always encouraged my children to cook and bake and to see them start out their lives this way of sharing makes me feel they are on the right track.
Made Some Healthy Changes
Hi, this recipe is great, quick, and easy! I made a few little changes just to make it a little healthier for the waistline. :) I used fat free carnation instead of 2%, and used a multigrain pasta. The sauce was still creamy, and my kids and husband loved it. :)
Was very easy to make after coming home late from work. It was delicious and one of my favorite dishes. SO GOOD
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 270
- Calories from Fat: 50
- Total Fat: 6g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 90mg (30% of DV)
- Sodium: 760mg (32% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 36g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (8% of DV)
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 18g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 25% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.