Treat your family to a seafood feast with tasty shrimp mixed with creamy fettuccine pasta. This rich and creamy pasta dish is so easy to prepare.
- 8 ozs. dry fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (1.5 oz.) plus 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 lb. cooked medium shrimp
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Fresh whole or finely sliced basil leaves for garnish, (optional)
PREPARE pasta according to package directions; drain.
MEANWHILE, HEAT oil and garlic in medium saucepan over medium heat until garlic is fragrant. Stir in flour and black pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Add evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 8 minutes or until mixture comes to a gentle boil and thickens slightly. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese until melted. Add shrimp and bell pepper; heat for an additional minute or until shrimp are warm.
TOSS with pasta. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese and basil. Serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
Made Some Healthy Changes
Hi, this recipe is great, quick, and easy! I made a few little changes just to make it a little healthier for the waistline. :) I used fat free carnation instead of 2%, and used a multigrain pasta. The sauce was still creamy, and my kids and husband loved it. :)
Read More Reviews