Perfect for parties, this elegant pasta dish features pre-made shrimp scampi pasta and a homemade sauce of mushroom and sage. It's impressive as well as quick and easy, so you'll get to enjoy yourself!
- 1 package BUITONI Riserva Refrigerated Shrimp Scampi Ravioli (8.375 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
PREPARE pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, prepare sauce.
PLACE butter and oil in large, heavy-duty skillet; cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until butter begins to brown. Add mushrooms and shallots; cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Add broth, sage and parsley; cook for about 8 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced.
SEASON sauce with salt and pepper if desired. Add pasta; toss gently to coat.