This colorful and delicious Shrimp and Vegetables In Lettuce Cups recipe is compliments of cookbook author Ying Chang Compestine. It's a fun way to serve that guests will enjoy. No need for utensils!
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or white cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leeks (white part only)
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
COMBINE shrimp, seasoning sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger, wine and lemon juice in medium bowl. Marinate for 2 hours in refrigerator.
CUT out lettuce cores and separate leaves. Cut leaves into twenty-four 4-inch squares to make “cups.” Arrange cups on large serving plate.
COAT large nonstick skillet with canola oil; heat over medium-high heat. Add red onion and leeks; stir-fry for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add carrot; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add bell pepper, soy sauce and vinegar; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Mix in shrimp and marinade. Stir-fry for about 1 minute or until shrimp are heated through. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove from heat.
STIR in nuts, green onions and sesame oil. To serve, spoon about 2 1/2 tablespoons shrimp mixture into one lettuce leaf cup, wrap, and eat by hand. Repeat with remaining shrimp mixture.