Shrimp with Asparagus and Nuts
This Shrimp with Asparagus and Nuts recipe is a winner with its complementary flavors and textures. You'll love to serve this on any occasion. Serve with rice if desired. Garnish with chopped nuts and diced or julienned bell pepper before serving.
- 1 lb. raw, medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons cooking sherry or rice wine, divided
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups green and white asparagus spears, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios or cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE water, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch, remaining 2 teaspoons sherry and seasoning sauce in small bowl.
HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in oyster sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Garnish with nuts and bell pepper before serving.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from Fat: 120
- Total Fat: 13g (20% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g (9% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 170mg (57% of DV)
- Sodium: 670mg (28% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 16g (5% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (16% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 29g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Vitamin C: 45% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 30% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.