This Shrimp with Asparagus and Nuts recipe is a winner with its complementary flavors and textures. You'll love to serve this on any occasion. Serve with rice if desired. Garnish with chopped nuts and diced or julienned bell pepper before serving.
- 1 lb. raw, medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons cooking sherry or rice wine, divided
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Instant Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups green and white asparagus spears, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios or cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
COMBINE shrimp, 1 teaspoon sherry, bouillon, sesame oil and white pepper in medium bowl. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
COMBINE water, oyster sauce, sugar, cornstarch, remaining 2 teaspoons sherry and seasoning sauce in small bowl.
HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes. Add shrimp; cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in oyster sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Garnish with nuts and bell pepper before serving.