Shrimp with Mole is a convenient preparation of the classic Mexican favorite. Chocolate, onion, tomatoes and chiles make a delicious and unique flavored sauce.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium thinly sliced onions (about 2 cups total)
- 1 tablet (90 g) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink, broken into pieces
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded panela cheese
- 8 slices BIMBO Double Fiber Bread, lightly toasted
HEAT oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until soft. Add chocolate, tomato puree, water, bouillon and chile; bring mixture to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Add shrimp; cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
SPRINKLE with cheese. Serve hot with toasted bread.